SILVERcare of Washington, NC is a locally owned, licensed home care agency that was established in 1993 in Greenville, North Carolina. We provide in-home assistance and personal care services to the elderly, disabled and injured. We like to think of ourselves as mature America’s best friend.
Exercise has numerous benefits for people of all ages, and this is especially true for senior citizens. However, working out when you’re 75 is likely going to be different from when you worked out when you were 25. So, here are some fitness tips from Healthline for senior citizens to help you get and stay fit:
- The first thing you should do when beginning a fitness regime is start slow. You don’t want to jump into a strenuous activity just to injure yourself.
- So, start out by walking around your block a few times, and then slowly increase the distance of your walk each day.
- Once you’ve built up some endurance, you can begin to explore other physical activities.
Aerobic activities are a great way to increase your heart rate and build endurance. There are a number of aerobic activities, such as walking, swimming, cycling, and dancing.
- Balance is especially important for senior citizens as millions of seniors are injured each year from falling. To improve your balance, you can choose from a number of exercises and stretches.
- Strength and flexibility are two other physical abilities are important to build and improve in senior citizens. For flexibility, you can regularly practice various stretches, and for strength, you can lift weights.
For a licensed home care agency that cares about its clients, contact us at SILVERcare of Washington, NC.