SILVERcare is a locally owned, licensed home care agency that was established in 1993 in Greenville, North Carolina. We provide in-home assistance and personal care services to the elderly, disabled and injured. We like to think of ourselves as mature America’s best friend.
If you’ve ever taken a stroll down the vitamin aisle in the grocery store, you know that the choices are almost endless. From supplements for your hair and nails to vitamins that help with memory, there’s a vitamin out for almost every health concern. So, what about vitamins for seniors as we age? Here’s a quick guide from AARP of some of the best vitamins for people over the age of 50:
- Vitamin D and Calcium are best to help prevent bone loss as you age.
- Vitamin D also helps boost your immune system, prevent cancer, fight off pain, and prevent heart disease.
- Omega-3 fatty acids help to get your heart healthy. They are also shown to improve your mood and your memory.
- Probiotics help to regulate your digestive system, and they also make it easier for your body to absorb nutrients.
- Vitamin B12 helps lower the risk of dementia and helps to keep your brain sharp as you age.
- Protein helps to build and maintain muscles, which is good because muscle mass decreases as you age.
So, the next time you’re searching the vitamin aisle, keep an eye out for the vitamins that will benefit your body the most as you age.
For home care that cares about your quality of life, give us a call at Silvercare Web in Greenville, NC.