SILVERcare is a locally owned, licensed home care agency that was established in 1993 in Greenville, North Carolina. We provide in-home assistance and personal care services to the elderly, disabled and injured. We like to think of ourselves as mature America’s best friend.
No matter what your age, performing regular stretching exercises is an important practice. You can easily incorporate a stretching routine into your everyday schedule. Spending a short amount of time each day stretching can have a huge impact on your overall physical health.
As you age, stretching becomes increasingly important since it can improve your overall flexibility, mobility, balance, and strength– all of which can help decrease your risk for falls and injuries.
On their website, Silversneakers.com provides a stretching routine specifically catered to seniors, complete with video guides. Here are some of their stretching tips:
- They advise that you perform each stretch for 10-30 seconds, repeating up to 3 times.
- Breathe deeply as you stretch and move slowly.
- If a particular stretch causes you pain, don’t push yourself past your limits and overexert your body.
- If any of the stretching moves are too difficult, the website also offers alternative ways to perform those particular moves.
- As always, before you begin an exercise routine, talk with your physician about what exercises would work best for you.
For a complete list of their stretches for seniors, as well as video guides for each stretch, visit silversneakers.com.
For home care that puts our clients first, give us a call at SILVERcare in Greenville, NC.