SILVERcare is a locally owned, licensed home care agency, providing quality home care in Washington, NC. We were established in 1993 in Greenville, North Carolina. We provide in-home assistance and personal care services to the elderly, disabled and injured. We like to think of ourselves as mature America’s best friend.
At SILVERcare, we are here to help you live your best life. That includes assisting you with household chores, helping you run errands around town, or simply providing security checks to make sure you’re doing okay. If you live alone, there are a number of measures to take to help ensure your safety. Here are some tips from securitychoice.com to help you stay safe and sound:
- Install deadbolt locks on all of your exterior doors. Make sure that the locks are always in working order, and if they aren’t, be sure to replace them as soon as possible.
- Keep a spare key available in case you accidentally lock yourself out. However, don’t hide the key in an obvious place like under the doormat.
- Use curtains and blinds to block outsiders from seeing into your home, especially into areas where expensive equipment is easily visible.
- Make sure that you have safety equipment on hand such as a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, working smoke detectors, and a flashlight in case of unexpected emergencies.
- If you’re going out of town, let a friend, neighbor, or family member know. Ask them to come by and get your mail, newspapers, etc. while you’re away.
For home care that cares about your safety and well-being, give us a call at SILVERcare in Washington, NC.