SILVERcare is a locally owned, licensed home care agency, providing quality home care in Washington, NC. We were established in 1993 in Greenville, North Carolina. We provide in-home assistance and personal care services to the elderly, disabled and injured. We like to think of ourselves as mature America’s best friend.
With the global spread of COVID-19, people are thinking about the spread of germs and illness now more than ever. On the frontline of defense, is one simple, but powerful step: washing your hands. But, how often should you wash them? How long should you wash them each time? Here are a few quick and simple tips from the CDC for washing your hands so that they are as clean as can be:
- The CDC recommends that you follow these steps when you wash your hands:
- Wet your hands with water and apply the soap.
- Lather the soap.
- Scrub thoroughly for 20 seconds.
- Rinse your hands.
- Dry them with a clean towel, or just let them air dry.
- You should wash your hands frequently throughout the day, and especially during this times:
- Before, during, and after food preparation
- After you sneeze or cough
- Anytime that you’re around someone who is ill
- After you use the restroom
- After you change a diaper
- After you touch trash
- If you can’t get to a sink to wash your hands, you can use hand sanitizer instead. However, don’t use hand sanitizer as a substitute for washing your hands all of the time.
For home care that cares about your well-being, give us a call at Silvercare in Washington, NC.