SILVERcare is a locally owned, licensed home care agency, providing quality home care in Kinston, NC. We were established in 1993 in Greenville, North Carolina. We provide in-home assistance and personal care services to the elderly, disabled and injured. We like to think of ourselves as mature America’s best friend.
With the recent COVID-19 pandemic, it is now more important than ever to make sure that your home is clean and sanitized. Not only will this help reduce the spread of germs, a clean home can also be beneficial for your overall physical and mental health. So, here are some tips and tricks to help you keep your home clean and sanitized:
- Before entering your home, remove your shoes and leave them on your porch or in your garage. Spray them with a disinfectant each time after you wear them out into public.
- Use a disinfectant to routinely sanitize your home’s surfaces, including your countertops, door handles, and light switches.
- If you can’t find sanitizing wipes, you can make your own with paper towels and a simple homemade cleaning solution.
- Sweep and mop your floors at least once a week.
- Throughout the day, and especially after returning home, wash your hands thoroughly so that you don’t spread germs when you touch surfaces in your home.
- Certain areas of your home are particularly prone to germs. Some of these include faucets, toilet handles, door knobs, cabinet knobs/handles, and your cell phone. Use a disinfectant to sanitize these areas regularly (ideally once a day).
- Don’t forget to wipe down the surfaces in your car as well, especially your steering wheel and gear shift.
Ultimately, if you are elderly or especially vulnerable to illness, you should avoid going out in public as much as possible. If you must go out, or if you have visitors, be sure to follow these cleaning tips to help keep your home clean and sanitized.
For home care that cares about the elderly community in Kinston, NC, give us a call at SILVERcare.