SILVERcare is a locally owned, licensed home care agency that was established in 1993 in Greenville, North Carolina. We provide in-home assistance and personal care services to the elderly, disabled and injured. We like to think of ourselves as mature America’s best friend.
Sleep is essential to both your physical and mental well-being. However, sometimes no matter how tired we are, we struggle to fall asleep and stay asleep. Here are some tips to help ensure that you get a good night’s sleep:
- If you’re a caffeine drinker, you shouldn’t drink any close to bedtime. In fact, you shouldn’t consume any caffeine for at least 6 hours (preferably more) prior to your bedtime.
- Light night TV and phone use can also keep you up. Turn off the devices a few hours before bed and listen to music or read a book instead.
- If you’re waking up with aches and pains each morning, it might be time for a new mattress and/or new pillows.
- Keep your room cool. Studies show that a cooler room makes it easier for you to fall asleep and stay asleep. Set your thermostat a few degrees lower before bedtime or use a cool mist humidifier to cool down your bedroom.
- Skip the late night snacks. They can cause a number of sleeping issues, such as late night jitters from sugar or caffeine and heartburn from spicy foods.
- Exercising during the day or afternoon can help you to sleep more soundly at night.
Follow these tips and find your way to a better night’s sleep. For quality home care that’s a dream come true, give us a call at SILVERcare in Greenville, NC.