SILVERcare is a locally owned, licensed home care agency, providing quality home care in Kinston, NC. We were established in 1993 in Greenville, North Carolina. We provide in-home assistance and personal care services to the elderly, disabled and injured. We like to think of ourselves as mature America’s best friend.
If you’re spending time outdoors during the dog days of summer, it’s hard to avoid the harsh rays of the sun. Overexposure to the sun can mean damage to your skin, heat stroke, and dehydration. That’s why it’s important to take precautions if you plan on spending time outdoors.
Here are some tips to help you avoid sun damage:
- It’s a good idea to wear sunscreen every day, even during the winter. Many make-up brands and moisturizers now contain an SPF to help you with this. If you’re planning on spending an extended amount of time in the sun, be sure to apply sunscreen every 1-2 hours while you’re outside.
- Aside from sunscreen, you can also wear protective clothing like long-sleeved shirts and hats while you’re outside to protect yourself.
- To avoid overheating, wear lightweight and light-colored clothing that wicks away sweat and also reflects sunlight.
- If you can manage it, spend the majority of your time in the shade, whether that’s under trees or under an umbrella or tent.
- Try to spend your time outdoors earlier in the day or later in the evening to avoid the hottest parts of the day.
- Probably one of the most important things you can do while you’re outside is to stay hydrated. That means that you need to drink lots of water and avoid sugary drinks like sodas and juice.
- A damp towel around your neck is an easy way to help you stay cool out in the heat.
- If you feel yourself getting too hot or getting dizzy, be sure to go inside to cool off.
For home care that cares about you and all that you do, give us a call at SILVERcare in Kinston, NC.