SILVERcare is a locally owned, licensed home care agency, providing quality home care in Kinston, NC. We were established in 1993 in Greenville, North Carolina. We provide in-home assistance and personal care services to the elderly, disabled and injured. We like to think of ourselves as mature America’s best friend.
With the official start to fall right around the corner, many people are feeling the effects of seasonal allergies right now, with ragweed and mold as the main culprits. The elderly can be especially impacted by the side effects of these allergies, and so we’d like to offer you some tips to help you enjoy the beautiful weather and kick the sneezes and sniffles to the curb:
- During allergy season, it’s more important than ever to keep your home clean. That means vacuuming, dusting, and sweeping a few times a week. You should also be washing your sheets at least once a week to help get rid of allergens lurking around your home.
- When you get home, be sure to wipe your feet on a doormat and take off your shoes. Your shoes can track in allergens that you picked up while you were outside. For that reason, it’s also a good idea to throw your clothes in the wash and take a shower as well.
- If your allergies are acting up this fall, talk to your doctor about medicine options to help you alleviate the symptoms.
- Buy air filters made especially for trapping allergens. Change your air filters once a month during allergy season.
- Keep an eye on pollen levels, and if it looks like a day for especially high levels of allergens in the air, avoid going outside as much as you can. If you have to go outdoors during this time, try wearing a mask to cut down on your exposure to pollen and mold.
We hope that these tips help you to take control of your seasonal allergies this fall so that you can get outside and enjoy the changing seasons and the color weather. For all of your home care needs in the Kinston, NC area, give us a call at SILVERcare today.