SILVERcare is a locally owned, licensed home care agency, providing quality home care in Washington, NC. We were established in 1993 in Greenville, North Carolina. We provide in-home assistance and personal care services to the elderly, disabled and injured. We like to think of ourselves as mature America’s best friend.
Spending time in nature is always a great way to get out of the house, relieve stress, and stay active. Now, with social distancing standards in place, going outdoors is more important than ever. There are a number of ways that you can enjoy the great outdoors while also social distancing. Here are some ideas to help you spend more time enjoying nature:
- Go for a walk around your neighborhood. If you have a dog, be sure to take them with you– they benefit from outdoor time as much as you do.
- Spend time gardening. The benefits of this pastime are two-fold: you get to enjoy your time outdoors, and then you get to enjoy your flowers and plants for months, and even years, to come.
- Hit some golf balls at a local driving range for some outdoor fun that is both great exercise and a socially distant activity.
- Tennis is another great no-contact sport that will allow you to socialize without getting too close.
- Take one of your favorite indoor hobbies outside: Bring a book out to your porch to read, while enjoying this beautiful fall weather.
- Fishing is another wonderful way to unwind, take in nature, and remain socially distant and safe.
- Visit a local dog park with your furry best friend. If you’re looking to go during a time with less crowds, try a weekday morning.
- Watch a movie in your own backyard. You can do this with a projector and a sheet hung up on a side of the house. Bring out lawn chairs and kick back and relax.
Just because COVID has stuck at home more than ever, that doesn’t mean that you can’t get outside and get some fresh air! Try any or all of these ideas for some COVID safe fall fun!
For home care that cares about your well-being, give us a call at SILVERcare in Washington, NC today.