SILVERcare is a locally owned, licensed home care agency, providing quality home care in Kinston, NC. We were established in 1993 in Greenville, North Carolina. We provide in-home assistance and personal care services to the elderly, disabled and injured. We like to think of ourselves as mature America’s best friend.
While the holiday season is usually a time to gather with friends and family, gatherings will likely look different this year for many people. Here are some pointers to help you stay safe and healthy this holiday season:
- If you can’t make it to any holiday gatherings this year, you can still visit with friends and family virtually. Create a gathering online and video chat with loved ones from near and far. You can even share a meal together virtually!
- You can plan a holiday feast with friends and family that puts a spin on the traditional dinners. Instead of gathering around a table, deliver your favorite meals to one another’s doors. You can even make it into a fun game and draw names!
- If you are planning on travelling for the holidays, weigh your options for the safest way to travel. Driving on your own is the ideal option, but that may not be feasible if you’re trying to travel across the country. If you must travel by plane, be sure to wear a mask, wash your hands regularly, and maintain a safe social distance for the length of your trip.
- If you aren’t feeling well and/or experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19, make sure that you stay at home and forego any upcoming celebrations.
- If you’re hosting a gathering this holiday season, and the weather permits, you can celebrate outdoors instead of staying inside. Also, be sure to thoroughly disinfect your home before and after your gathering.
- If you are immunocompromised, it’s probably best to stay at home instead of risking your health and your safety.
At SILVERcare, we hope that you have a happy, healthy holiday season this year. For quality homecare in the Kinston, NC area give us a call at SILVERcare today.