SILVERcare is a locally owned, licensed home care agency, providing quality home care in Washington, NC. We were established in 1993 in Greenville, North Carolina. We provide in-home assistance and personal care services to the elderly, disabled and injured. We like to think of ourselves as mature America’s best friend.
Thanksgiving is over, and North Carolina has a cold front headed our way this week. With the cold weather and winter months quickly approaching, it’s a good idea to take a few steps to get prepared for winter. Here are some tips to help you make sure you’re warm, cozy, and safe this winter season:
- Fall is the perfect time to have routine maintenance performed on your HVAC system. That way, if anything needs to be fixed, it can be done before the cold weather hits and puts an extra strain on your furnace.
- Fall is also an ideal time to have your gutters cleaned. During the fall months, your gutters fill up with leaves and other yard debris. You should clean this debris out before your gutters get weighed down with snow and ice this winter.
- It’s also a good idea to have your car checked out before winter hits. Make sure that your tires are in good condition and ready to brave the icy roads that you might encounter.
- Stock up your pantry with canned goods and other non-perishable food. It’s smart to have these items on hand instead of waiting to buy them shortly before a snow storm, because that’s when most people head to the stores and clear out the shelves.
- If you have any large trees in your yard have them trimmed, especially if they’re close to your house. The extra weight of ice and snow can cause limbs to break and entire trees to fall.
- If you can, it’s a good idea to buy a generator. That way if you lose energy during a snow or ice storm, you won’t have to worry.
If you’d like an extra pair of hands to help you this winter, give the home care professionals a call at SILVERcare in Washington, NC.