SILVERcare is a locally owned, licensed home care agency, providing quality home care in Kinston, NC. We were established in 1993 in Greenville, North Carolina. We provide in-home assistance and personal care services to the elderly, disabled and injured. We like to think of ourselves as mature America’s best friend.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and we want you to know that we care about your heart! So, here are some heart health tips to help keep you in your best shape:
- If you smoke, the most important thing you can do for your heart is quit! Not only does smoking cause a number of health risks, it is one the largest contributors for heart disease.
- Reducing your salt and your saturated fat intakes can do wonders for your heart’s health.
- It’s important to keep track of your blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglyceride. Speak with a medical professional about the ideal numbers for you.
- Start exercising! Speak with your doctor about exercise routines that could work for you.
- Eat a diet full of fresh fruits and veggies, lean protein, and whole grains.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
- Don’t sit for too long. If your work requires you to sit for long periods of time, get up for a few minutes each hour and walk around.
- Speak with your doctor about your lifestyle and your family’s medical history.
As you age, it becomes increasingly important to take care of your heart, as well as the rest of your body. For home care with heart, give us a call at SILVERcare in Kinston, NC.